- Conventional door mirrors replaced with compact, high-resolution digital cameras relaying real-time images to monitors inside the vehicle.
- Protected against rain, snow and dirt to ensure optimum images in all driving conditions.
- Safety enhanced with automatic extended view when the driver uses the turn indicators, reverse gear or on demand, eliminating blind spots.
- European debut at the Geneva Motor Show.
- Available to order now in the UK as an option for the ES 300h Takumi model.
Lexus is continuing its commitment to making advanced technologies available to its customers for even higher levels of safety and convenience with the introduction of Digital Side-view Monitor for its ES 300h luxury hybrid saloon. The new feature is available to order now in the UK as an option on the ES Takumi model.
Initially introduced in Japan in 2018 as a world-first for a high-volume production car, the system replaces conventional door mirrors with compact, external, high-resolution cameras linked to in-car monitors. These provide an enhanced view of the area behind and immediately alongside the vehicle in all driving conditions, reducing or eliminating the driver’s blind spots and adapting automatically to give an extended view when the car is turning or reversing.